We are the Urban Research Institute (URI), located in Tirana, working over the past 12 years in a variety of different areas - trainings, research, project management, URI has extensive experience working with several donor programs during this time, including EU, USAID, UNDP, World Bank, OSCE, SIDA, SOROS and others, and have several accomplishments to our credit. Some of our recent work includes:
• Provision of trainings and guidance to various local governments throughout Albania in the area of community development, citizen engagement, strategic planning and participatory budgeting;
• Facilitation of discussions and strategies in the areas of fiscal decentralization and delineation of responsibilities in Albania;
• Development of indicators and performance measures for public service delivery and community infrastructure projects, rating of physical conditions of schools and development of standards for safe and healthy schools;
• Set-up anti-corruption program for several municipalities, standardize procedures, establish Information Centers and start-up information channels between them and their citizens;
• Is an active member of environment movements, which enable citizens to fulfill their right to a healthy environment and better economic and social standards, by setting up dialogue and partnership.
Our core staff, we have developed a solid reputation amongst the development community in Albania. We also have access to a number of other experts through our various partnerships.
Further information is provided as you surf in our website: www.uri.org.al ; however, if you would like to discuss further opportunities with us or learn more about the work we have accomplished, please do not hesitate to contact us.